Pre-Viva Panic!

V

I am Life Sciences student and currently just a week away from my PhD Viva and am freaking out!.
I found some really silly mistakes in my thesis. For some reason, I have mentioned cell lines in my text for which I have not put in subsequent data! Also, some typos that I should have corrected and feel so upset that I dint catch during my reading prior to submission.
I am preparing a list to take along with me to the Viva with all of these changes. Is this enough? Will I have major corrections for this? Am really panicking about this!...

P

Hey, don't worry!
I did the same as you - the examiners didn't even mention it! Remember the thesis your present to your examiners is not the finished product - they are there to help you improve it. Yes, have a list - but don't mention it unless they do! My examiners were not interested at all in typos, formatting, spelling, referencing etc etc.. they wanted to discuss why the research was important and it's implications and how I could strengthen the chapters to get it published. I got minor corrections (adding in more discussion points mainly) - none of these were typos - though I found many myself! When I did my corrections, I did all of their requests + corrected any further typos I found along the way. Good luck!

V

Thank you so much for your reply "psychresearcher". I do feel a lot more relieved now. :)