Pro Gaming

S

Hiya,

I am a pro gamer and am finding it hard to fit gaming in with my PhD studies. They don't mix!

I really thought that more scientists would be or have been pro gamers throughout their lives!?

Is anyone else a pro gamer? Have you seen the TV series pure pwnage? If you are finding time to play games... how do you fit it in?

Thought this would be a different topic! :D

W

I used to be into pro-gaming, big time. I have a Nintendo Entertainment System and I used to be pretty good on it until I started my PhD. I'd almost finished Mario but Bowser kept getting me with fire balls. If I finish Mario, I might get Mario 3. As for finding the time to pro-game, pffff, I think I might have to keep my games console locked away until I finish my PhD.

Is pro gaming, gaming you get paid for? or is it just that you spend far too much time gaming and are therefore in quite a good league of ability?

My hubby would LOVE to be paid for gaming, but he's not that good. It has stopped him doing his PhD though - he went through god of war, prince of persia, mario, etc etc rather than writing chapters. Oh and pro evo, call of duty, resident evil, bio shock, unchartered, dead space, the list goes on.

S

Hiya,

Pro gaming is just being really good at online games like counterstrike, command and conquer and xbox games like some of the ones you listed :D

A lot of the time people can get hooked and pretty much just do nothing else lol. I think it is more a guy thing. Do you not mind your husband playing that much? I get in trouble when I play in the evenings and my girlfriend wants to watch tv :( how does he pursaude you :P

Well he's now working so is out a lot, so when he is at home, I don't mind him doing what he wants. I'm getting him to put up another tv though - although mainly because of his love of cricket which is very boring. at the mo it gives me time to work at the weekends if he has a game and makes me not feel guilty. He sometimes compromises and plays with headphones so I can read in the same room (can't stand the shooting noises, especially if reading!)

If I could get rid of the guilt then I would love gaming - well girly games, like anything with Mario in it! He buys them for me, but whenever I pick up the control, I am always thinking I should be doing PhD work, so never finish a game. I've promised myself that when I do finish I will spend hours doing all my mario games!

D

Don't know if I'm a PRO Gamer, but I'm really good at CSS, and it takes up a lot of my time. I usually play at night when I'm relaxing.

S

Quote From dr_man_boobs:

Don't know if I'm a PRO Gamer, but I'm really good at CSS, and it takes up a lot of my time. I usually play at night when I'm relaxing.

Hiya,

That's cool. I just started playing CSS again after a loooonnnngggggg break so I'm pretty rubbish atm. I played a lot during first year undergrad but stopped cos my laptop was poo and always overheated. You play on any fun game servers? If you got an ip and would like to share please do :D I'm [PwNs] PaRaDrOp