Procrastination- Anybody else having a problem with focusing on work lately?

S

Have not done much work all week!! I think its because I am redrafting a paper that seems to be taking ages and I have lost all enthusiasm.

Instead I have spent the last two days surfing the web, posting on here, looking at nintendo ds games, creating groups on facebook, writing a letter to the local council about proposed wind turbine in my area....I could go on!

S

I'm having a terrible time getting anything done and I think it's mainly because I'm waiting for the last of my data to come in and feel I can't really go ahead until the last bit is in and I can re-run the analysis. Of course there's plenty of reading and writing I could be doing but I just can't get into it at all. This last month has been a write off really and I must pick up the pace soon.

Also trying to sell our house, waiting to hear about dh's new job, and feeling very guilty about my daughter being at nursery when I am wasting the time.

S

I feel the same- I have so much to do but just can't get into any of it. Have tried writing to-do lists and setting myself targets and deadlines but none of it works. I think once I get myself into the habit of not doing any work its hard to do some! Am gonna try doing something other than this paper and at least then I will have done at least some work today!

S

Redrafting is very tedious and I get very irritable and restless doing that too. probably good to do something else for a while. I think I will try yet more tea....

O

Self-bribery is my approach on redrafts---something like buy myself a new CD to listen to while doing the redraft--or going to somewhere entirely different to do the draft-like to a coffee house, and then also set a time limit--such as two or two and a half hours, and then take a break. I think that redrafting is so tedious and tiring that it is important to not try to do marathon sessions. A couple two-two and a half hour blocks in a day is very mentally draining...

X

I've been terrible since christmas - even dire necessity isn't motivating me :(

T

I can focus on my work very well.. I can sit there and see it sitting on my desk.. my problem is actually getting through it

H

Don't get Maths Training for the ds, it's rubbish and the music is irritating.

S

Nah, am bored of the whole 'brain training' and 'big brain accademy' thing! Was considering getting sim city- what a classic, I used to play it on the PC when I was a kid!!

O

SimCity Classic ( the original Sim City) is available online for free!

S

For the DS or the PC? Am turning into a computer game geek!- Not that it is a bad thing.

S

Sorry, just found it! You shouldn't have told me that since this thread is about procrastination! Trying to do more work rather than less. Usually try to limit my gaming to the daily commute!