Procrastination heaven, the Olympics and late night working

L

Well hello all,
Today I am mainly working (tonight really) being a late night worker its often me and the tv and my trusty laptop typing away with some dodgy programme in the background. I have become highly knowledgeable about sign zone and all sorts of random quiz shows as they trundle along in the background of my evenings work. But hurrah along comes the Olympics and my night working is a bit more jolly and Im not as entranced by a woman trying to sell me a yoghurt machine. So yay Beijing I thank you for cheering up my middle of the night and may I recommend the games to all other night workers out there.
OOOooo the gymnastics is starting...
xx(up)

S

03:53 in the morning....how can you concentrate at that time at night? I start falling asleep by 9pm no matter how late or early i get up in the morning.

Hoping that they are going to repeate the gymnastics at some point as its the only bit of the olympics that i actually like watching!

O

Sillybilly, check out the BBC website Olympic section--they have great taped highlights of various events, so no doubt the gymnastics is on there!

M

Sillybilly, the gymnastics are available on iPlayer (my favourite toy at the moment):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/categories/olympics

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have live streaming...unless it's on the BBC Sports site.

S

Ahh, but if you want to watch the live stream you need to have a TV licence. Bizarrely (and rather welcomely), you don't need a TV licence to see "watch again" programmes on Iplayer. 8-)

M

Quote From sylvester:

Ahh, but if you want to watch the live stream you need to have a TV licence. Bizarrely (and rather welcomely), you don't need a TV licence to see "watch again" programmes on Iplayer. 8-)

How very strange...you'd think the BBC would want people to pay the license for iPlayer since it's cost millions and millions of pounds. Ironically, the BBC website and iPlayer are the only two things that almost make me not begrudge paying the license fee.