Procrastination -- Love it, Hate it, Cant Deny it

H

Hello people,

I have been procrastinating a lot lately. Reading every forum thread here for the whole day at the part time job I am doing and going through all the phdcomics archive from beginning to end in a single day just to avoid doing the part time job. And I have'nt even started with my PhD. Its still a month away before I start. :-)

I wonder how this will be during the course of PhD. Looks like I am going to be infected a lot with this and need some cure.
So what do you do to keep yourself from procrastinating at your work?

B

I'm guilty of the same thing but you have to get over the laziness of life. Get started on the PhD stuff now - get yourself acclimated to the routine so you will not falter and screw over your work when it counts toward your PhD.

K

Pretty much everyone suffers with this so I think it's great that you're already trying to work out some techniques to get over it. If you can, I would set yourself a set number of hours a day to work before you start your PhD, so that when you do you will be used to having a routine. Also: ban internet! No internet browsing at all until you've finished your work. This was recommended to me and it helps enormously.

Hope this helps.