Proof of demonstration by an example system as research validation approach

Z

Hi all,

I have a hard question in relation to proof of demonstrationas a possible way to validate myresearch artefacts and thus can argue proof of demonstration as an appropriateresearch method.

In brief, my PhD research is about a process model tosupport change impact analysis. I have developed process model for CIA as a researchartefact. There were two main inputs to develop process model of CIA (i) gapanalysis from Literature review (ii) Interview results from practitioners (fromsoftware industry). Now I want to validate or evaluate my developed research artefactbut from the research methodology literature, I could not find any clue that proofof demonstration can be used for validation purpose.
Note: it is not possible to go for case study orexperiment as I didn’t find any organisation willing to do so and neithermyself and my supervisors have any industry contact. Additionally I am near tofinish my research. I had no choice and I have already completed proof of demonstrationwith an example system. Now I am very stressed as my supervisor argued thatthere is no reference you provided where proof of demonstration by an exemplar canbe referred as research method. I am very depressing as I am in 5th years andhave written 6 chapters already. Only validation is remaining. Please Hi all, I have a hard question in relation to proof of demonstration a possible way to validate my research artefacts and thus can argue proof of demonstration as an appropriate research method. In brief, my PhD research is about a process model to support change impact analysis. I have developed process model for CIA as a research artefact. There were two main inputs to develop process model of CIA (i) gap analysis from Literature review (ii) Interview results from practitioners (from software industry). Now I want to validate or evaluate my developed research artefact but from the research methodology literature, I could not find any clue that proof of demonstration can be used for validation purpose.

Note: it is not possible to go for case study or experiment as I didnot find any organisation willing to do so and neither myself and my supervisors have any industry contact. Additionally I am near to finish my research. I had no choice and I have already completed proof of demonstration with an example system. Now I am very stressed as my supervisor argued that there is no reference you provided where proof of demonstration by an exemplar can be referred as research method. I am very depressing as I am in 5th years and have written 6 chapters already. Only validation is remaining. Please help me.

L

Carefully considering this proposal my view is that despite common opinion, Beyonce probably did not have a surrogate have the baby for her.