Publication Stats search

H

Hi

I would like to compile a stat about the number of publication in certain topic in each year.
For example, how many publication is related to memory, art, literature etc.

The reason is I would like to see whether certain area of research grows more than the other.

The only way that I know it's to use metalibrary like pubmed. But the problem is, this type of search will only limit to certain type of publications.

Is there other way to do a general stats compilation rather than specific library or journal?

Thanks in advice

R

I have no advice, but I think this sounds interesting!

H

This sounds like something you might be able to do with Google Scholar. I think it's also possible with Google search to see how common key words have been in different years. Not sure how though!

A

======= Date Modified 06 Sep 2012 15:07:18 =======
Hi Human

I asked my sister (a university librarian) and her answer is:

"Scopus or Web of Knowledge does that for you – you can put in a search term to appear in the title or abstract and it brings up a list of journals with articles on that topic with all the citation details in it.

No source indexes every publication but the above 2 databases would be the most reputable and will give you a flavour of what is being cited in which journals

Otherwise, you are looking at a full-on systematic review type approach….."

Hope this helps but would be interested if anybody has any other way. You can put in date ranges into google scholar and use boolean search terms, click on the advanced search option and play around with that.

Hope this helps :-)

H

Quote From ady:

======= Date Modified 06 Sep 2012 15:07:18 =======
Hi Human

I asked my sister (a university librarian) and her answer is:

"Scopus or Web of Knowledge does that for you – you can put in a search term to appear in the title or abstract and it brings up a list of journals with articles on that topic with all the citation details in it.

No source indexes every publication but the above 2 databases would be the most reputable and will give you a flavour of what is being cited in which journals

Otherwise, you are looking at a full-on systematic review type approach….."

Hope this helps but would be interested if anybody has any other way. You can put in date ranges into google scholar and use boolean search terms, click on the advanced search option and play around with that.

Hope this helps :-)

Thanks a lot!!!