Publications

A

Hiya,

Kindly can any one tell me what is the correct procedure to submit your paper for publication. I have been member to one of the publication forum , what is the authenticity for that?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

P

The correct procedure for submitting a paper for publication depends largely on the paper you're aiming for. Different papers have different styles and rules that they enforce. The guidelines can usually be found on the website for the particular paper under submissions.

A

======= Date Modified 04 Jul 2010 10:28:34 =======
Thanks for the reply. I do understand this concept but before starting your PhD what are the percentage or effect do a publication make. I have known that if you have any publication whose points are 5, then you have more chances of getting a sponsored PhD. is this correct ?

Thanks and cheers.

P

I'm not sure what you mean by points for publications. Do you mean the h-index? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-index

If you're already published before you apply for a PhD then it should definately help you as it shows you're familiar to some extent with the process of publication and research. You're not expected, usually, to have already published though so not having any publications isn't something that's going to count against you when you apply. Publications at that stage are a bonus rather than a requirement.

A

Thanks for the information. just confirming that becuase past one or two sponsored PhD applications stating points for publications.

Thanks & Cheers.