Quickest, Shortest PhD online. Please assist.

P

I hold a Bcom(Hons), 2 masters and several researches that are work based. I need a PhD that can be fast and cheap for me. However, accreditated.

C

The PhD is not a degree that is fast or cheap. Anywhere, well - unless you want to buy a 'PhD' online.

P

I dont think its the amount and period that matter. It is the confidence and proof of being an authority in a certain discipline that matter. Cant I get a PhD in 2 years?

C

Look, a three to four year UK PhD just scratches the surface of a tiny area of a discipline. You cannot gain confience and authority in a field in two years, as you suggest. If you're not even willing to sign up for the full duration, why even bother.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but the PhD is a real challenge and requires the full duration, the 'amount and period' do matter. You need those years to build networks in your field, to read and think broadly, and write up. Think about it - a UK undergraduate degree takes 3 years. Do you seriously think you can do a PhD in less?!?

P

Thanks man. However, why dont institutions of learning consider the background of a student. I work in a research environment. My job is to research and I do consulting work where research projects are done. Dont I have the capacity to know my way out easily???

C

Well, surely working on these research projects has grounded in you a sense of what is possible in certain time frames?

Okay, so you have research experience, and that will obviously help you. But have you had to work alone to produce 80,000 words before, that are original, peer-reviewed? Whilst attending conferences, and trying to publish? I'm sure you are a capable researcher, but the PhD is a specific piece of research, with specific requirements.

G

Its 3 years (the minimum registration period). Hobson's choice.

C

Golfpro- thank you for introducing me to the phrase 'Hobson's choice' - I'm so pleased it first appeared in written form in the 18th century. 'My' century.

S

I think in science as far as I'm aware the minimum time served is 2 years (although somewhat impractical in most cases)

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/showmessage.asp?thread=3648&cat=4&keyword=minimum%20duration&newview=1&stype=TM&category=0

I don't know if you can apply time served for your previous research to your current topic? probably depends on whether it is published work already and when it was published

S

G

There was a woman at lancaster that did hers in 2 yrs 2 months, but effectively (I believe) had to sit around for the next 10 months prior to submitting.

Its probably not a Lancashire expression (Hobsons choice) , but widely used up here .

H

Why do you want one?

P

Thanks for your advice. H. I need one to earn more respect from my clients who are grewing day after day. For the feel of it. The pride of being called Dr.

S

didn't work out so well for 'Dr' Gillian Mckeith

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/feb/12/advertising.food

J

PrinceofWales, could it be that you and the guy from the other blog, Mr African, are the same person? You have a similar request, posted about a quick or bought PhD at the same time and similar writing style. Even if you aren't: PhD in two years - just FORGET it. Thanks.

H

Princeofwales, your posts are making a mockery of the people on this forum and beyond, who have worked hard to get the PhD positions (and funding) and where they are now. If a PhD was THAT easy, everyone would have one and they would be handed out like mickey mouse degrees.

Think hard on why you want to do a PhD and if it is worth spending 3 years or more FULLTIME do one.