R&R- not sure what next

V

I submitted my thesis a year ago and got an R&R. One of the two examiners gave me a major (the dean gave me R&R tho) and sent in a detailed report about what should be done. I revised accordingly and submit again but did not manage to change his mind. He pointed out the purities of some compounds are not satisfying (I agree) and insisted I make stereospecific compounds (impossible and unnecessary...).

Well, plot twist is after I submit my thesis for the second time my advisor left the country for another job without noticing me and I suddenly realise he wasn't really helping me figure out what was really good for my thesis. For an advisor, he barely spoke with me during my enrollment and I doubt he really understood my work by the end of it, but I revised it as told. The moment I found out he left, I heavily regret following some of his advice writing/revising my thesis. I called the graduate school and asked if I can have my thesis back and revise it again but the request was declined.

I don't know the details but then the dean arranged for a meeting with my committee and appointed a third examiner. I wasn't given a second chance to revise before the thesis was given to the third guy who...after two months, also did not speak highly of my work. I've heard stories about failing viva twice leading to an Mphil or worse, but my uni had no oral defense. (To make it messier, they introduced oral defense and a new examination system to accomodate viva right after I submitted my thesis. But they told me I wouldn't have to follow it.) Now lacking a supervisor yet still under examination, revised once and already rejected three times, twice by the same guy and once by another, I'm entirely unsure what to expect next. Has anyone ever been rejected by an appointed third examiner? Can you let me know what may happen next?