RE: Advice on Masters in Health Psychology Courses

S

Hi all,

I have recently been accepted to two Masters in Health Psychology courses - one in City University London and the other in Metropolitan University London. The problem is I'm not sure which is the better course or university. The City University has a Doctorate in Health Psychology (need to apply for it after completing Masters but presume would be in a better position of getting in if have completed the Masters there), has the opportunity to demonstrate in tutorials and SPSS labs and is cheaper by about £500 whereas the Metropolitan University has a placement attached with the course and the staff have similar research interests to my own. The Metropolitan University is developing a Doctorate in Health Psychology at the moment which they hope to have ready by September but it is not yet accredited by the BPS. They have high hopes it will be accredited and I believe it also well be but it is a factor I am taking into consideration.

If anyone has any idea which course or university is the better one the information will be greatly appreciated. Any other advice on this situation is more than welcome.

Thank you.

D

I couldn't advise regarding the course but Universities normally have rankings and individual departmental rankings. I think The Times and Guardian list the rankings, if that helps. Try Google searching 'best universities' or such like. Hope this helps.