I am trying to get my referees to prepare letters for sending with phd applications but the problem is that the main supervisor i wish to study with is one of my referee, is it possible or will i have to ask someone else for the letter?

Avatar for FindAPhD

You should find an alternative referee for this aplication. You should not need to send references with your application - supervisors will request them directly from your referees if they are interested in you.