Reference Managing Software for Mac

P

I wonder if anyone could advise me as to what software they use to manage their references if they use a Mac, I know that there's no version of 'Reference Manager' for Mac and I'm struggling to find anything else easily accessible.
I hope that this doesn't constitute advertising,.....

S

H

I'm not a Mac user but I thought Endnote was suitable?

There's also a Firefox extension called 'Zotero' which may be suitable.

B

Yes there's EndNote for the Mac. I've used it for years, though beware that different versions don't work so well with different versions of Word. You can find out more information on the official EndNote site.

J

I use a piece of online software called RefWorks that my university's IT department subscribes to. Because it's online I can access my references from anywhere with an internet connection, and it's mostly compatible with the library catalogue system that we use. Perhaps contact your postgraduate support office or IT department to see if they have a recommended piece of software for the job (they may also be able to sell you a student license of EndNote or similar for much less than the full whack).

B

Quote From jamesontheroad:

Perhaps contact your postgraduate support office or IT department to see if they have a recommended piece of software for the job (they may also be able to sell you a student license of EndNote or similar for much less than the full whack).

I bought EndNote on a student license, but direct from the suppliers, Adept Scientific, via their Adept 4 Education website.

P

Thanks all, I think Ill use endnote!