Research proposal question?

A

Hi,

I've just been contacted by admissions with regards to the PhD application I've completed over E-Mail. However one part of the E-Mail doesn't make sense to me.

They are asking for a research proposal for my application to a project already with a title and details about the project. Is there something I'm missing? Do I still have to give a proposal, and what should I include in the proposal other than how I can carry out the work?

I know it's a dumb question but any help would be great!

Andrew

E

Is this a specific application to a position? At the uni I applied to there is a generic "postgraduate study" application form and it has spaces for various aspects of the application that were not relevant in my case.

A

Yes, it's for a specific project that was detailed on FindaPhD.com. I can write a proposal but it'll be the same as the description found on the website above.

F

Have you checked with the supervisor that s/he actually requires you to write a proposal?

In my experience, whilst the form may ask for one, frequently it is not expected to be completed with anything more than the briefest sentence stating the research area or topic.

M

That happened to me as well, what I did was copy the project details and put it in my own words with abit of extras showing your knowledge in the subject and that should be fine (It wouldnt take more than 20 minutes rather than you keep on thinking about it)!

B

Hi Andrew! For all PhD applications, you will have to provide a proposal. This is standard procedure. As a PhD student myself, I can tell you that your project will veer considerably from your original proposal, so when you're in the swing of the PhD, you won't be held to the the original proposal you provide. I will say this: don't just write something haphazardly. Think hard about it. The most important part of the proposal is trying to show how your work will be an original contribution to the field, so you will need to talk about how your work diverges from work that's already around in your field. Hope that helps!

E

a Newe Rout PhD, this is a new type of PhD degree and you will not have to submit a fuull aproposal research.
find out this program and you will learn better than traditional PhD.

O

hi i have same problem have u sort it out your problem