Righto....Lets think of the worst case scenario!!

R

I've got a PhD interview tomorrow and I've done lots of reading, have previous postgrad research experience in a relatively similar field and know the supervisor pretty well ...sooo I think i've got a passing chance. I think its time to try and imagine what could be the worst possible question they could ask me.... like a real STINKER.. that way I could be prepared!! Whats the worst thing you were ever asked....??? What are peoples thoughts about stats questions? Likely for a biological PhD interview???

S

I'd say for a start you NEED to relax - based on what you've said - you are already got a great chance. As they say - the job is yours to loose at this point.

I've had few tricky questions (in 5 interviews)- just make sure you know the basics - Why you want to do a PhD; What you think of the project and how you see your research fitting into it - but i really think you'll be fine.

If this is your first interview, and it depends on their format - In my expereience they wil spend the most time talking about the project so its more important to know the area so you can keep up and stay interested.

If they already know you and your work ethics are good then that will attract them more

Good luck

Keep us posted

S