scholarship

M

Hello there,
I am been awarded a scholarship ( 3,500.00 pound) but 15,000.00 is the cost of living in England wilth tution fee for university. I had to defer my admission to the next year. In addition, next year I have to apply again for scholarship. I do not know how I can find a job in Essex (in England) in order to pay.
Could you please guide me?
Do I need to withdraw my application? I have just experience in teaching(for 14 years in field of mathematics)Should I apply for another country which is chipper? :-s

W

Working and studying can be tough. People I know who do both have a job at the university. I would contact the university and see what your chances are at getting work on campus.

Another friend of mine does private tuition in the evenings, in mathematics A level, so look on the internet for recruitment agencies for personal tutors. My friend does not have teaching qualifications (just a degree) therefore, with your experience of teaching, you certainly are qualified enough without having British teaching qualifications.

O

Have you discussed with them the possibility to get teaching or research assistant job in the Department?
Is your research areas linked to the area that you have working experience of? If this is the case, it can be an advantage.

M

Hi,
I tell them about teaching but they said that I should one year study there then for the next year I can teach.
Therefore, I defer my PhD and I have to apply again for scholarship.:-(