Searching for people in similar field

F

Hello All,

I am new here. I am making applications for PhD in September. I have recently completed MSc in Bioinformatics. I wanted to know if anyone here is in similar field. Also, is anyone here that is affiliated with the bloodomics group? ie www.bloodomics.org. Is anyone here who is studying in Ireland particularly at UCD? I just wanted views on research with this group. I am from Germany by the way. Thanks

S

this might interest you(?) www.graduatejunction.com

F

Thank you Sim. May I ask, What are you researching.

S

I'm in biology too. More specifically, i'm in ecological/population genetics. i'm using molecular markers to detect evidence of natural selection in natural populations - it's a mix of fieldwork, labwork, computer simulations and statistics.

F

Hi again Sim, Which country are you exactly? I want to study at UCD. Do you know of the environment there, ie, labs, ect. and what about the lifestyle in Ireland, eg entertainment ect.

H

I am in biology as well. Protein secretion in bacteria

S

I'm English, and studying in England. Don't know too much about Dublin myself. Haven't heard much about research coming out of UCD. I hear good things about Dublin from a touristy point of view, so i assume there is quite a lot going on, e.g. pubs, music, entertainment etc. Good luck with everything!

S

hmmmm, protein sucretions!

S

secretions*

R

lol, i feel flirting going on in between you two?

J

which bacteria are you studying? I work on Staph.

H

Escherihia coli. Very efficient little bug!