Self funding at local institutuion to get a PhD

G

hi I want to know that if you are prepared to pay your own tutition fees (i think is approx £3000 per year) for a PhD and have the academic requirement is it easy to find a phd? i live in london and was thinking of approaching a supervisor to ask ifhe will take m for his projet if I pay my own fees - i live in london with parent so will have no extra exprenses what are my chancs of sucess?

G

I am interested to pursue PhD in Self-support.

G

those staffs r celebratin Christmas, we better wait 4 a while

You should have very few problems in finding somebody to supervise you if your academic qualifications are up to scratch. Projects with research grants have been peer reviewed, based not only on their scientific/academic merit but also on whether or not they are acheivable by a PhD student within 3 years. If you're funding a project yourseslf then less scrutiny will have been applied (it could be that only you and your supervisor think it's a good idea). Canvas as much opinion on the research project you choose as you can before parting with your cash.

If you want to pursue laboratory or field research there may be other expenses beyond the usual course fees. If you choose a large research group the chances are there will be enough 'slush' funds to cover this for you. But make sure you know what you'll be expected to pay for before you start.