SEM (Statistical Equation Modelling) Any Experts?

P

My supervisor is keen for me to use this method of analysis. Are there any of you using it and are there any books you can recommend that I buy to understand it in piggies and duckies?

S

I know scanning electron microscope

P

spiegboy, thanks so much, I will call on your expertise, if I get stuck Could look interesting as a sideline topic

H

mmm...SEM....mmm...toys....

P

Shows how much I know, it is Structural Equation Modelling!! Just looking up books on Amazon... would rather be Christmas shopping...

S

Hi - I'm planning to use this also. I have the following books: Structural Equation Modeling with AMOS (Bryne); Latent variable models (Loehlin);Structural equation modeling (Pugesek et al). I'm planning to use AMOS which adds on to SPSS. It might be worth choosing books orientated to your field, as I did (biology, psychology).

Other than that I have contacted other depts to find any possible training and I'm hoping to get some training in another dept next term. Jill

P

Thanks Smilodon. I am looking at those books now. I had already ordered one but have cancelled it now. I like the idea that I can build onto SPSS as that is a familiar ground, at least. I also have to master SPM and fMRI analysis using MATLAB first!