Setting up a website

M

I need to set up a very basic website for my research. It just needs to contain some information about the study and a contact form for potential participants to complete. I'm not sure what to do about hosting the website - are the free webhosting sites any good? I'd be happy to pay for it, as long as it's not too much! There seem to be such a huge number of websites offering webhosting, how do you know which ones are any good? Does anybody have any suggestions?

K

======= Date Modified 01 Jun 2011 09:29:26 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
--inappropriate content--

C

The university might well host it, it would be worth talking to IT support or your department IT coordinator. The university I'm at is keen to have postgrad's research represented online.

T

Can I recommend wordpress? You can tailor it towards blogging or more traditional style website. There are a lot of ways to customise it and its free of charge to use. If you don't want comments you can disable them and literally just have the basic things you need.

(I'm not affiliated with wordpress, I just use it myself)

M

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I hadn't even though of checking whether the university would host it. :$ I'll have a look at Wordpress. Thanks. :)