Should I speak up?

L

I have a fairly new and inexperienced supervisor. Since I started, 2 years ago - he has set a dynamic of very frequent meetings (like more than once a week). Last few months though, he has made some excuses as to not to meet me here and there. Also, a co-worker implied that my supervisor said that I need too much contact or something like that. Supervisor never spoke about this to me directly.

I hate to burden anyone and I would like to say something but am not sure if it's a good idea.I mean, obviously it's easier for me to have more supervision to less supervision so a part of me just wants to keep going with the current situation (and why should I do the supervisor any favours if he can't put limits on his time himself?).

So I have the following options:

1) Offer supervisor less frequent meetings (say once a fortnight) and say that I appreciate his help but I don't want to be taking up too much of his time.

2) Subtly say things like "I don't need a meeting this week" and try to change the dynamic this way as it's less intrusive.

3) Do nothing. Go with the flow and let supervisor set the pace.

Any wise advice?

L

Why not just raise it as an issue - say you like to discuss frequency of meetings with him and give him the chance to say what he wants to say? Then you could agree on future meeting dates.

L