Should I tell employers that I'm currently enrolled in PhD and want to quit?

B

I have been doing PhD in Physics for only 3 months. I was thinking that if I could get a full-time job in a science field then I would quit the PhD (this comes on the back of one of my supervisors being a bit pissed off with me and I need him to supply samples). My Honors knowledge and my PhD knowledge acquired are in different fields. I was thinking that if I applied for a job in my honours field then I wouldn't tell the employer I'm doing PhD and if I applied for a job in my PhD then I would tell the employer about my PhD. But in the second case, would the employer think I'm a quitter or maybe think that I've already got something going on, so they'd choose somebody else? I worry that if I say "I'm doing PhD but want to quit it and get a job" then they won't like this? What do you think?

A

Hi,
I don't have any experience in this and I know that other people on here do so they may be more help. I would just say that you don't like academia, you don't want to work in that environment, you're more interested in working in industry because of X, Y, Z. Would that be an option?
A