Some good news

P

Just got some good news and wanted to share :-) I have just won a £4000 grant!! My sup had said it was very unlikley and that I should apply keeping that in mind (And she never says something like that), but yippee!! I got it! I cant stop smiling as this will greatly help me finish up in the year ahead (first draft submission this August so trying for the final submission in March,w hich will be about 2 yrs and 6 months total)..this might help me give up some of the jobs, and might help me spend a bit more on myself!

:-)

Bug

J

Well done Bug that is good news.(up):-):-)(up)

D

Well done, don't spend a penny!:-)

A

well done bug!! I'd say you well deserved that, make sure you do give up some of the jobs, you'll need the extra time in final year!

S

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for my best Phdbug buddy 8-) - sigh, I'll miss you though lol - sounds like you'll be finished a year ahead of me :-( so jealous, but so pleased you got such a stonking great grant xx

P

Awww thank you Stressed!! And thank you others!! I cant ever say when I will finish, cos som many variables, the biggest one being LIFE!

Bug

Hey Bug, that's wonderful news! Well done indeed. Perhaps you will have a bit more time to chill in future.

BTW, any advice to pass on when applying for funding, you seem to be a miracle worker?;-)

L

Fantastic! If you don't ask, you don't get, it's always worth a punt 8-)

L

That's great Bug!!! Go celebrate now! ;-)

N

Oh that's fantastic Bug - well done! Sounds like it's come at a good time for you as well, make sure you spend a little on yourself! Nxx

S

That's great news! congrats. (up)(up)

That's brilliant news Bug! It's so good to hear positive things, everythign can seem such a slog sometimes so it's great to hear someone having such success! And sounds like just what you need as well! Congratulations.

E

Well done!!!!!!!!!
You've worked so hard these two years, I think you deserve to be more relaxed this year (as far as non-PhD work is concerned)!!!!!

K

Yay well done Bug, sounds like you're flying along there! Enjoy your success! Best, KB

W

Very well done, PhDbug.