SPSS graph help needed!!!

P

Hi everyone,

I am struggling with SPSS version 17. I am trying to get decent graphs from my output. I have used the 'edit in separate window' function to change the font, colour etc but when I try to paste the graph into my word document the resolution is poor and the graphs are slightly 'fuzzy,' if you know what I mean.
Anyone got any ideas?
I am sure I must be doing something wrong.

Use excel is my advice!

P

I would use excel but it means transferring the data back into excel from spss which would be complicated.

It must be easier just to use the export function on spss and paste it into my document and I can't believe the people who designed spss didn't think that we would need the graphs to be clear.

C

I don't know for sure, but sounds as if you're using the Chart Builder? You could try using the Legacy Dialogue plots instead (what older versions of SPSS used) and see if they come out any clearer... just an idea

P

Word has problems with some picture formats and the images look really bad in word.
Can you not export the graph as a jpg / tiff and then import it in word. maybe that changes something.
Which file formats can you export to in SPSS?

M

Try using paste special in word to try out different types of images - some look better than others.

P

Thank you all.

I have tried exporting it as a jpeg and a tif but this doesn't seem to make a difference. A pdf looks far more blurred than the others.
Will try the stats advice service on Monday...