Statistics Help Needed

M

Hi, I have just started my research and am finding that I am coming up against papers with an increasing amount of statistics included. As a bit of a "stats novice":$ can anyone suggest a good beginners book on the subject. My research is engineering based so a book with that slant would probably be better suited than say a social sciences type book. Thanks in advance for any help
Max

D

======= Date Modified 04 Jan 2010 12:53:09 =======
Title Statistics: An Introduction
Authors Robert Deward Mason, Douglas A. Lind, William G. Marchal
Edition 4
Publisher Duxbury Press, 1994
Original from Pennsylvania State University
ISBN 0534510701, 9780534510701
Length 660 pages
Subjects Mathematical statistics
Mathematics / Probability & Statistics / General
Statistics

W

How about Introductory Statistics for Engineering Experimentation? I have this book and have sent you a Private Message. Let me know if it's crap and I'll see what else I have.

D

I found "Statistics for People Who (Think They) Hate Statistics" by Neil S. Salkind very useful.

S

DISCOVERING Statistics using SPSS, 3rd edition (Andy Field) Sage publications

it is very heavy (big big book) and very good

if you want something short (fast and easy, but less explanation) then Sheridan and Coakes (SPSS without Anguish) and also maybe Julie Pallant's SPSS book.

:-) satchi

V

If the Stats/SPSS books don't prove to be sufficient, please consider letting me know as I offer a consulting service that offers help with your analysis, as well as understanding how both the stats and the program works. You can get more info at www.varyyourstats.com or email me at [email protected]

G

======= Date Modified 16 Nov 2011 05:07:21 =======
Hi there I need some Statistics Help!!!!!!!!!! What statistical tests should i use/consider (pref in SPSS) in regards to an invertebrate survey i have carried out comparing urban street trees to urban park trees. I am looking at species richness and abundance between the two sites and also other variables such as tree species, tree width at base, distance from road/tarmac, tree base substrate and weather at time of collection. any help would be greatly appreciated! i tried on this link and i found this blog very usefull.............
http://calculate-conditional-and-distributio.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post.html