Swansea or Russell?!

F

I;m considering doing a PHD-it looks very demanding- and I'm a sensitive person get stressed and can be riddled with anxiety!
THAT SAID (!) I want to do it as I am highly intellectual, have learnt five languages and would inspire students and fit in well in the University environment- I know.
My first degree was Edinburgh, I have half an MA from UWE, Bristol (but that's a distance course), am looking now at completing MA 2007-8, then applying for a PHD.
It's late in general to be applying- it's just I'm 30, awfully under-employed (call centre!),may start off self-funding, so I can get going.
I also worry that everyone suggests a Russell Group Uni, though I am not too bothered, and would prefer a Uni where most professors are not internationally renowned and have more time to supervise
My languages include Welsh, so looking at Swansea. My half MA is in Translation, but I'm also interested in Linguistics and language learning- should I carry on with the translation, or will this cut me off from the language learning oppties in the future?

K

I went to Swansea University and its fab!
I really enjoyed it and if they did the postgrad course im going on to i would have stayed there!

F

Ta!