Sweden in 6 days....must complete final lit draft in three!

C

Yay! I'm off to Sweden (Göteborg) for Melodifestivalen 2007! Alas! Before this I must finish my lit review for Monday, and then complete a monthly progress report by Thursday to send from a Swedish internet cafe: the sup' knows not of my Swedish jaunt.

Shhhhh, secret squirrel!

R

maybe he reads the messages of this forum

C

Argh! :-$

Hmmmm, he would never do that. He would never waste valuable research time surfing the internet without intent...

Hmmm, I hope I don't come back from Sweden with a warm glow and a lilt in my voice - he'll be able to tell then!

N

I'm flying to Berlin in 6 days as well ... but it's for a conference so I guess my supervisor shouldn't be bothered!

P

mmm semlor

C

King Adolf Frederick of Sweden died of digestion problems on February 12, 1771 after consuming a meal consisting of lobster, caviar, sour cabbage, smoked herring and champagne, which was topped off by 14 servings of his favourite dessert: a semla served in a bowl of hot milk.

You have been warned.

Z

Oooh, got sudden craving for hetvägg (= yummy semla in hot milk with lots of cinnamon and sugar!!).
Hope you'll have a nice time at Melodifestivalen - I'll have to be content with watching it on the internet (at least it was possible to do that last year, I really hoped they haven't changed it).

And am deeply impressed by royal knowledge demonstrated.

C

Zingo: är du Svensk? Varifrån kommer du i Sverige?

My knowledge of the kungafamiljen is extensive: what about Crown Prins Carl Philip, phwoar? Ja eller nej? I'm not sure.

Anyway, yes - Melodifestivalen! I wish Lena was presenting this year, alas...she is not.

If only I put as much effort into my thesis as I did in all things Swedish!

O

Christopher

I'm your supervisor.

I am fully aware of your plan now and expect you in the institute on Monday morning 8am in order to discuss the issue, your future prospects in academia and the status of your project. Be there, museology is waiting for you.

Regards

O

C

Argh!!!!!

*face contorts into anguished Munch-esque 'Scream' pose!*