Switching to a Masters from PhD at the same university?

B

I have a PhD secured at a top 5 ranked university in the UK (I'm a home student) which is due to start during this Autumn term. However, I have had a change of heart and now want to do a Masters in a course that I am really interested in (career wise) at the same university. I realise this may be a long shot; but is it possible to make the switch by just speaking with the course tutor as I missed the deadline for this Masters? Thanks and I appreciate any helpful suggestions.

D

Quote From barbarossa101:
I have a PhD secured at a top 5 ranked university in the UK (I'm a home student) which is due to start during this Autumn term. However, I have had a change of heart and now want to do a Masters in a course that I am really interested in (career wise) at the same university. I realise this may be a long shot; but is it possible to make the switch by just speaking with the course tutor as I missed the deadline for this Masters? Thanks and I appreciate any helpful suggestions.

You may be better off speaking to the Department Administrator (particular of the department that you want to apply to) and see if it is possible to do.