Tefal quick cup cure or curse?

J

New bit of technology you press the button on the 'kettle' and get a cup of hot water (80C) almost straight away.

Pros:- good for the environment no time hanging round waiting for the kettle to boil

Cons:- £50 price tag, you can't hang around the tea room chatting whilst waiting for the kettle boil, Only one cup size (two fills required for large cups.

H

umm...ok. Point of this being whether or not tea breaks are good? Personally I think £5 for a kettle (that boils for six people) is a much better idea! Choccie biscuits not included. Perhaps if Tefal did that - free biscuits for life - I might be interested

S

yea don't know if I need a gadget that gets coffee to me faster than I already drink it

J

I have heard you get hot, but not boiling water, so your tea might not be very good. I can wait for a kettle to boil properly, it gets me away from the books for a little while. Now maid service would be another thing entirely that would be ueful, tea, and a slice of cake... er it is nearly lunchtime isn't it?

T

Oo on a related theme, do any of you remember those 'teas maid' things you used to get, were basically an alarm clock that you set to wake you and boil an incorporated kettle to make you a cup of tea to wake up to.. I remember my mum used to have one when I was a kid.

S

no way! my wife and I were just talking about those last night, her grandparents used to have one - ha!

I'd knock the tea over trying to turn the alarm off - suppose that'd get you out of bed ;)

S

Wish we had a kettle here - we have a hot water dispenser on the wall that I'm sure gives tea a funny tase

O

For the ignorant...what is Tefal? I would be glad of any kettle or hot water heater or coffee pot...instead I spend way too much money at the coffee vending machine or the coffee shop...

M

Hmmm... tea breaks are gooood. :D

I used to use a water heater to make my tea... didn't notice much difference that with a kettle. It's pretty much the same thing isn't it? :D

S

tefal is a brand.

can't you get a cheap kettle for your office, olivia? it might save you loads of money... or are there regulations against it?

M

Its the freaky non-stick coating that apparently is carcinogenic! Lovely(!)

J

has anyone noticed the google ads down the left hand side