Temptation is an awful thing...

T

When accessing posts through the Latest Messages page, the Google ads sidebar advertises a range of 'custom essay' surveys. Is that such a good idea??!!!

Though in the name of research, I've found out that a 60000 word PhD at a 1st class standard with delivery in 60 days will only set you back £15840. That's a year and a bit of my studentship - bargain!

S

Can you specify the topic or is it 'off the shelf'???

W

I've just been looking on Belford's site. It's so funny. A PhD in 7 days with no work and all this prestige:

As all the degrees provided at Belford are fully accredited and recognized worldwide, you will be allowed to use all the professional titles and post nominal letters according to your degree, such as MBA, PhD, etc.

" The last time I landed at the Frankfurt Airport, I was ushered to a separate isle that was specially opened for me as my name had just two initials “Dr.” The staff was congenial and exceptionally attentive, it sure was a heady feeling! I feel lucky to have this degree that lets me enjoy all the extra privileges, no matter where in the world I use it.”
Ethan Carmichaels

I am tyred i have life exprience goin to stop writing now and do Belford :)

T

I just thought I'd draw attention to it and make the postgrad team aware, just in case some of the more 'unscrupulous' members of this forum (not that I'm saying anybody is mind you!) decide this is the way to go.

Mia (oops sorry Sixkitten), apparently you can define the project exactly. Just makes me wonder that if these people can write PhDs in these subjects, then why don't they earn an honest crust as an academic instead? Or do both?

T

Oh dear, I've just realised why my supervisor is always busy...

S

It appears our Ethan forgot to put Dr in front of his name there.

By the way, what do you need to become a Belford professor?

J

funny enough... i was waitressing last week and i met this guy who's finishing off his PhD at Belford. Did he buy it?????

E

Thats brilliant. I've never heard of Belford before.

Reasons students choose Belford over other universitys; number 1 on the list:

Belford provide a gold plated seal on the certificate, compared to other universities only providing a coloured printout!

T

Yep I've come across the Belford joke in a previous thread - I just didn't imagine that it would be so easy to browse this forum and find some handy links to the Belford-style websites!

I guess the ad sidebar picks up on keywords from the forum site, just made me chuckle that's all!

We do block a number of domain names from advertising on the left hand side. We can only block them if we see the advert, then Google takes a day or two to stop them showing. Mostly we block the 'Life Experience Degrees' stuff, but there's so many of them we keep finding new ones to block.

As for the writing up ads, we're not sure that anyone could really use one for a PhD. For a start the people writing it would need to do a couple of years of research and then you'd have to pay them an extra few quid to go in to the viva for you.

T

Drat I forgot about the viva! That's my plans scuppered then...

T

How did you guess I was a mousey-haired geek? Oh yeah, about 85% of us are!

T

Liar! Don't be ashamed, it's taken me a while to accept it but I'm much happier within myself now I have

S

postgrad team, perhaps your system isn't working then, you are allowing poor adverts onto your site, don't blame google.

same applies to your out of date PhD projects you advertise, i still see some that I applied to nearly a year ago, even though these projects were filled when I enquired about them.

You sure you don't just shove projects onto the site to make it look like you have more than you really do?