The FindAMasters and FindAPhD Postgraduate Study Fair at Manchester
Wednesday 17 November 2010, 10:30am - 4pm
Manchester Central (formerly the G-MEX Centre), Manchester
Now in its 17th year, this highly regarded fair is an excellent forum for students to talk to representatives from institutions of higher education offering postgraduate course places for 2011. Thousands of university postgraduate course places are on offer.
THE FAIR IS OPEN TO STUDENTS or GRADUATES FROM ANY UNIVERSITY.
Over 90 INSTITUTIONS from throughout the UK and overseas will be represented, as well as a range of advisory bodies to help you find the right courses for you including FindAMasters.com, FindAPhD.com, PostGraduateStudentships, the Training & Development Agency for Schools, Graduate Prospects, TARGETcourses to name a few.
If you’re interested in overseas study, you can meet with the US-UK Fulbright Commission (for postgraduate study in the USA), Study Overseas UK (for Australian, American and Canadian information), Study Options (for information about study in Australia & New Zealand), The Australian Trade Commission, The Swiss Embassy and SEG for study in Switzerland, The German Academic Exchange and many more.
As a graduate, further study is often the next step to develop your career prospects, or change career direction. The Postgraduate Study Fair is your chance to plan your future by meeting representatives from all these institutions and advisory bodies under one roof – make contact, ask your questions and get personal one-to-one attention without travelling round the country - check out the exhibitor list for the attending institutions who are offering courses and further training once you’ve graduated..
What's on offer
• Information on funding and postgraduate course vacancies commencing September 2011 - find out what courses you can do, and where.
• Personal contact with course representatives from over 90 institutions, all in one place - your chance to find out if a particular course or university would suit.
• The chance to register your interest in doing postgraduate study at a particular university.
• Individual professional help from a team of experienced careers advisers, there to answer your questions.
• Expert advice through a programme of short talks on topics such as postgraduate study overseas, teacher training, what doing a PhD is really like and the all-important one “FUNDING OPTIONS”...
Who is it for?
• Final-year students thinking about your options beyond your degree.
• First or second year students thinking ahead to what you can do after your first degree.
• Recent graduates looking to add to your skills and qualifications.
• Experienced graduates exploring career development opportunities.
Whatever stage you are at with your career thinking, a visit to the Postgraduate Study Fair will clarify your options and help you plan your next step
FindAMasters and FindAPhD (our other websites) are sponsoring this event, so thought I'd post some info up here in case anyone is interested! It's a great event for anyone considering postgraduate study, and we'll be there so you can come and say hello too!
The FindAMasters Travel Bursary Scheme
Are you thinking of travelling to the Postgraduate Fair in Manchester? Do you need a little help with your travel costs? FindAMasters/FindAPhD is giving away cash travel bursaries up to the value of £10 to the first 300 students to register with us!
Are you Eligible?
You must be full-time or part-time student studying at a UK university outside of the Greater Manchester area. We cannot accept applications from students studying at The University of Manchester, The University of Salford, Manchester Metropolitan University or The Royal Northern College of Music.
To claim your bursary, you must fill out the online registration form and bring the following documents to the FindAMasters/FindAPhD stand on the day of the fair:
* Your Student Union membership card
* Proof of travel on the day (e.g. train or coach ticket)
If you fail to bring both these items to the fair you will not be able to claim your travel bursary.
Only the first 300 students to pre-register on these pages will be eligible to claim.
======= Date Modified 11 Oct 2010 14:02:40 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
======= Date Modified 28 Sep 2010 03:58:27 =======
This post is very informative about postgraduate study.this post will help you to clarify your option and help you to plan your next step...thanks for sharing with us and always keep it up.
Masters DegreesSearch For Masters Degrees
An active and supportive community.
Support and advice from your peers.
Your postgraduate questions answered.
Use your experience to help others.
Enter your email address below to get started with your forum account
Enter your username below to login to your account
An email has been sent to your email account along with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not recieve your email, or have any futher problems accessing your account, then please contact our customer support.
or continue as guest