The sun and the rain and the wind--weather--sussed!

O

Why is it that everytime I think of going out the door to get something for lunch it starts to rain? This does not aid in a healthy diet, as I am then reduced to eating double chocolate chip cookies out of the vending machine. Its 2:30--I want lunch very very badly...and its RAINING! when just a few moments ago I had to pull the window shades to keep from being blinded by the sun. I am also starting to suspect that brief appearances of blinding sunshine herald huge downpours of rain! I am starting to catch on to the weather...maybe if I pretend I am eating double chocolate chip cookies for lunch, it will fool the weather and I can run out the door and get something better..somewhere!

H

The rain would never stop me filling my stomach

O

Nor me...I just eat chocolate chip cookies...I see a break in the clouds..I am going to run for it.

T

Beware.. once you think you have the british weather sussed it will change

J

I wish we had a vending machine with double choc chip cookies in it

O

I was reduced to an egg mayo and cress something sandwich from the vending machine as a terrific gale and rain kicked up just as I was trying to creep out the door. I soothed myself with a cup of chocoespresso...not bad for vending machine coffee, actually! Lots of chocolate in the place. My favourite discovery is some kind of choco something flapjack. Flapjacks are a very British thing ( in the US they mean a pancake--oh, happy Pancake Day!) and I like them--esp. with chocolate!

H

I want trout.

O

I would gladly get soaked to the bone every mealtime if it meant some rain for this parched and cracking part of the world...oh for a good British downpour!

H

Please...I'm starving. Anyone? Any trout will do.

O

Double chocolate chip trout? Fish at breakfast time just does not sound very good!

O

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/pftrout.htm

OK, here is a trout recipe that would actually make a good breakfast! The trick, as the recipe says, is to use the smaller trout, like the little rainbow trout ( the mouthbreather trout is a no-no for breakfast!)

With some fresh eggs, bacon and some biscuits--OH! This is making me hungry.

O

http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/corneroak_nc_recipe3.html

Here is another one for smoked trout frittata, a sort of unusual twist for trout!

I think that this also could make a very interesting and hearty trout breakfast!

H

No fair. I'm going off to starve in a garret somewhere.

O

Why on earth would you want to do that?

H

I'm hungry. I'm cold and I have to go on a course in 20 minutes that I really don't want to as its like a broken pencil - pointless. Geddit?