Thesis Submitted! ...

B

I submitted my thesis today! :)

J

congratulations!

H

Well done! What next?

J

how long did it take you to write up. any writing up tips?

H

Well done BB - I have been off this forum for far too long! I have submitted myself - excellent feeling!-)

B

Hi All,

Many thanks for your good wishes.

It's taken me just over 3 years to write up (the thought of a bursary ending is always good for motivation!). With regards to writing up ... everyone has their own system for working, but I found it really helped just to deal with ONE chapter at a time (i.e. do lit review chapters, then methodology, then data analysis, then conclusion, then do introduction last). I also tried to write 'word perfect', so (luckily) did not have too many amendments to make once I had a completed first draft. Having said all that, my supervisor is fab, and if it wasn't for their help I'd still be totally lost.

What next???

Awaiting the final hurdle (i.e. viva) which should happen pre-xmas, and am also going to start putting together papers out of my thesis ...

What next

B

I didn't do any papers/conferences when writing my PhD, as that would have only added more stress to what my objective was (i.e. getting a PhD written and submitted). My supervisor also said that stuff can wait - which I totally agree with!

It's a weird feeling submitting ... I feel kind of relieved that I've handed something in, BUT it ain't over until I hear that 'fat lady singing'!!!

E

Well done BB! xx Talk about the best Christmas prezzie ever!

S

congratulations