Thesis typo list

M

Hi all,

I am keeping a list of thesis typo and corrections as I'm reading the thesis for the viva. I know we're supposed to bring this list in but what are we supposed to do with it? Discuss the list with the examiners? Give it to them? Cross check if I've already got them on my list when they ask to have something changed?

B

I handed the copy of the list to the examiners at the start of my viva. We didn't go through it thoroughly, though they glanced at it briefly near the end of my viva, when telling me their corrections.

P

Thanks for posting this Montezuma :)

I was wondering the exact same thing! I submitted less than a month ago (submitted 9th of October- examiners received my 1-2 weeks ago), so I'm going to start working on my thesis typos and corrections very soon (although I'm still waiting for my viva date in January!). I know I've most likely irritated my examiners with the amount of mistakes throughout so I think drawing up a list of corrections beforehand will help my viva :)

I still haven't got the strength to look at my thesis just yet (I'm going to revisit it at some point next week)- but I feel so relaxed and refreshed after 3.5 week break away from my thesis! :) But, even after this break, I still feel rather numb and definitely not happy about the thesis I submitted, which I hope will change once I start looking at my thesis again. What will be will be, I just hope its at least major corrections/revise and resubmit.....

I'm desperately trying to shift everything off my desk at the moment (DClinPsych form, thinking about DHealthPsych application-if I'm unsuccessful with the DClinPsych, new course stuff-exam revision, ANOVA/SPSS work and research proposal, start job applications for a January start ) so I can soley focus on my viva prep!....

P

Thanks for posting this Montezuma :)

I was wondering the exact same thing! I submitted less than a month ago (submitted 9th of October- examiners received my 1-2 weeks ago), so I'm going to start working on my thesis typos and corrections very soon (although I'm still waiting for my viva date in January!). I know I've most likely irritated my examiners with the amount of mistakes throughout so I think drawing up a list of corrections beforehand will help my viva :)

I still haven't got the strength to look at my thesis just yet (I'm going to revisit it at some point next week)- but I feel so relaxed and refreshed after 3.5 week break away from my thesis! :) But, even after this break, I still feel rather numb and definitely not happy about the thesis I submitted, which I hope will change once I start looking at my thesis again. What will be will be, I just hope its at least major corrections/revise and resubmit.....

I'm desperately trying to shift everything off my desk at the moment (DClinPsych form, thinking about DHealthPsych application-if I'm unsuccessful with the DClinPsych, new course stuff-exam revision, ANOVA/SPSS work and research proposal, start job applications for a January start ) so I can soley focus on my viva prep!....

M

Thanks for the replies! I did bring my typo list in, but forgot to mention about it until the very very end, AFTER I was told I'd passed, and when my internal started to talk about corrections. I then brought up the fact that I had a typo list then and there, but they didn't seem that interested. So I guess it doesn't matter all that much what you do. But I think it's good that I had the typo list with me anyway.