Things we DON'T miss...

S

Suddenly had a weird taste this morning which is a taste I haven't come across in years. Then I realised what it was (and something safely consigned to history)

Boil-in-a-bag fish with parsley sauce

What other things DON'T you miss? Foods, TV programmes etc.

S

When it comes to food, I don't miss being forced to eat all my dinner

P

I don't miss boarding school food. Puke.

S

There are certain smells in life you don't forget, one is the smell of school dinners being cooked in the canteen.

P

My boyfriends Mum's roast dinner - I do everything in my power never to go over on a Sunday and have avoided Sunday roast for over a year. She cooks the meat for hours and cuts it up as soon as it come out of the oven, without letting it stand ( criminal if you are a foodie). Also she boils the veg more or less from the time she gets up so any flavour or texture has gone.

H

Thats shocking, why would she do that?

I'm a veggie and even I know that you are supposed to let meat "rest" after cooking.

As for the veggies, WHY? The veggie police should come and get her!

K

Exams

S

Anything by Jeremy Beadle (except for Game For A Laugh which was okay).

S

Pea - are you sure we're not seeing the same guy? My boyfriend's Mum's roasts are exactly the same as you describe - awful! Overcooked, nonrested meat and boiled to oblivion veggies AND she adds far too much salt to everything so I end up feeling sick for the rest of the day! Fortunately his parents live 200 miles away so it's rare I have to endure it!

P

she's not a right wing daily mail reading bigot is she by any chance, who thinks you have 'given up work', whilst her son supports you piss about at wait for it..... "college"? If she keeps refering to your PhD as your little college course well maybe we are seeing the same person?

S

No...my boyfriend's Mum is very left wing, sun reading, who (however much I try to explain otherwise) thinks I'm going to be a medical doctor in a couple of years so thinks me doing a PhD is great....she's going to have a shock in a couple of years! Seems like it's just dodgy Sunday roasts they have in common

S

Sounds like Meet The Fockers..