Thinking abt a PHD big mistake??

C

Hi All

This is my first post and I was wondering if anyone could help. I am 24 year old female. I graduated from uni in 2005 and have been working since. Currently working for a consulting firm ( which I hate!!!)

I have always wanted to go back to uni to study , I would quite like to become a lecturer. I did think abt this career path a while ago but I put in on hold to get some work experience. I understand it is a big choice .

I have been searching the web for info on life doing a phd, lecturing, salary etc but cant seem to find much. If anyone could provide me with any advice that would be great. My plan is to undertake a PHD in business and marketing.

I have had limited experience but in my current and previous job I have had the oppotunity to host workshops and lectures and I really enjoy it.

Anyone have any opinions about my situation positive or negative would be greatly appreciated !!!!

It sounds like you know what you want and PhD definitely is a good way to get there. However you'll need to think about what topic you'd want to dedicate at least 3 years of your life and start narrowing down your ideas into a potential project.