Tip for Researcher Position at Public Health

J

======= Date Modified 10 23 2010 08:23:35 =======
I am enrolling in Doctor of Business Degree. It is my second years and all courseworks will be done in the next 2 months. I will be focusing on business research.

I just resigned from my full-time job and now looking for a new job. I have had an interview with Public Health for a research position on Alcohol studies. They seem interested because I was only sending my resume and covered letter. Then, they sent me government application format and asked me to an interview next day. There are 3 interview panels: Director (Medical Doctor), Researcher (Health Professional Research), and HR.

They asked me some general questions and asked me to conduct research on the spot. I also submitted my dissertation proposal, they read it and they said conceptual framework is not good, but they can tell I have worked hard on it. The research director said, not to give me any fault hope, but I am not qualified for the research job due to no experience, skills, and knowledge on research and health. However, the director like my attitudes and motivation. Then, he asked me about salary. I said, it up to them. Then, the director gave me the amount of salary. Next day, they called me for a second interview with different medical doctor, but I said I was so busy with my current job this week due to training. Then, they postponed my interview to this Monday at the areas near my house. They said, the medical doctor will go around the areas so I can meet him there. Well, it seems like they are interested in me, though I am not qualified for this job. During the interview I told them I want to work there because I want to become professor and I know professor need strong research skills. Moreover, I am now studying Phd and need to conduct research. Therefore, this job would compliment my current education and future careers.

P.S. I am a second year Doctor of Business student who has no experience in research. How can I pursue those research experts to hire me for a researcher position for Public Health.

Sorry, English is my second language. I will do research in my home country, not an English speaking country.