today :-(

S

Not a good day today, already finished 2 manuscripts (with already 3 revised drafts) for journal submission, and one of my supervisors keeps asking questions that are totally irrelevant and doesn't make sense, wants re-draft again and again. I feel so tired.

can someone post good news, a joke, story, anything............

low mood satchi

A

hmmmm.... all i can say to make u feel better is i have not done any work to day :D... apart from cooking ehehehe....
I would tell u a joke, but my jokes are really bad.

:-):-):-):-)

S

:-) :-) :-) :-)
thanks amanda...
now I see another email coming in from my (irrelevant other) supervisor *sigh*

A

lol.. well at least ur getting something. I sent something to Three of my sups, and still waiting for one reply ..lol

S

I feel so tired because not only is he asking me something that is not relevant, he is going round in circles. If I show you, his email, you will most likely agree with me. He writes long dreary emails. Im glad I only have one supervisor like this, the others are easier to understand (email-wise). but its so hard to please everybody.

A

Yeah Satchi, that was my first ever post on here, where i started a thread saying help tutors confusing me. I didnt know who to please, each one had their own style, and one wanted me to add somthing in the intro, whereas the other wanted it in the discussion. You just have to take all the good points from them all and do it that way, and maybe go more with the one who understands ur topic the most. Saying that, two weeks on, i still havent decided where to put that info, in intro and in discussion...lol, but i have managed to sort the other things out.

S

Quote From amanda:

Yeah Satchi, that was my first ever post on here, where i started a thread saying help tutors confusing me. I didnt know who to please, each one had their own style, and one wanted me to add somthing in the intro, whereas the other wanted it in the discussion. You just have to take all the good points from them all and do it that way, and maybe go more with the one who understands ur topic the most. Saying that, two weeks on, i still havent decided where to put that info, in intro and in discussion...lol, but i have managed to sort the other things out.

I'm so glad things got sorted for you :-) for me, if this carries on for a while, eventually I develop a writer's block, like everything starts shutting down because in the corner of my head something keeps screaming at me "it will be argued/debated/etc/etc/etc", not easy...

A

======= Date Modified 19 Apr 2010 16:19:18 =======
Hi all!
I'm having a totally pathetic day! decided I need coffee and have read over what i've written of my chapter so far - hasn't really helped though!
I kinda know what i want to write next in my discussion, but I can't be pooped! :$

The thought of writing it, then searching for publications, reading them, probably finding that what i've thought and written is lies and starting again, just makes me ache to the bone...what do I do!?
I have coffee, but I know i also need to do the washing up, and clothes washing, change the bed, and get something sorted for tea before partner comes home. Back to normal work tomorrow too, have my appraisal, and really need to sit and think about what I want to say. Must get SOMETHING done of this chapter :-s

Thank you for your ears, I needed a moan!x

D

Well ... one of my sups didn't even bother to turn up for fairly important meeting this morning. So far no explanation. Not so bad, you might think, but I turned down some much needed paid teaching so that I could make the meeting. And the [insert expletive here] sup knows I have money worries.

So a general rubbish start to the week. And the undergrads are back, mistaking the library for a common room.

On the upside, Glee is back on tonight! Yeay!

And finally, my favourite joke:

Who led the Pedants' Revolt?
Which Tyler!

Eyethangewe!!

ooh love Glee! I'm a Gleek!

My sup often triple books meetings with all her supervisees, so we all sit around having to wait for the others to come out. e.g we all turn up at 1pm, but some of us have to wait until 3pm or 4pm to be seen! Very annoying!

I've decided to start writing bits of my husbands thesis, that he refuses to do because he's in a mood with the whole thing.

C

I haven't had a good day either, I suppose it's a Monday Blues thing... I'm not a Glee fan, it's too musical for me, I'm currently catching up with The Big Bang Theory, I really love it :p

Anyway, a joke I picked up from the net:

Einstein, Pascal, and Newton are playing hide and go seek. Einstein is counting while Newton and Pascal hide. Pascal runs off and hides while Newton doesn't move an inch. Instead, he draws a square around himself in the dirt. After Einstein finishes counting, he opens his eyes and says, "Found you Newton! That was easy."

Newton says, "No you didn't. You found Pascal." He points down to the square in the dirt. "One Newton per meter squared."

S

Quote From sneaks:

ooh love Glee! I'm a Gleek!

My sup often triple books meetings with all her supervisees, so we all sit around having to wait for the others to come out. e.g we all turn up at 1pm, but some of us have to wait until 3pm or 4pm to be seen! Very annoying!

I've decided to start writing bits of my husbands thesis, that he refuses to do because he's in a mood with the whole thing.

:-) I have a friend whose boyfriend used to do all her assignments for her!!!!

S

here's sharing an email I just received:

A woman went into a store to buy her husband a pet for his birthday. After looking around, she found that all the pets were very expensive.

She told the clerk she wanted to buy a pet, but she didn't want to spend a fortune.

'Well,' said the clerk, 'I have a very large bullfrog. They say it's been trained to give blow jobs!'

'Blow jobs!' the woman replied.

'It hasn't been proven but we've sold 30 of them this month,' he said.

The woman thought it would be a great gag gift, and what if it's true...

No more blow jobs for her!

She bought the frog.

When she explained froggy's ability to her husband, he was extremely sceptical and laughed it off! ...

The woman went to bed happy, thinking she may never need to perform this less than riveting act again.

In the middle of the night, she was awakened by the noise of pots and pans flying everywhere, making hellacious banging and crashing sounds.

She ran downstairs to the kitchen, only to find her husband and the frog reading cook books.

'What are you two doing at this hour?' she asked.

The husband replied,

'If I can teach this frog to cook..........you're gone.'