Transfer to MS to a different uni from phd program

J

I am a Phd student and I am feeling really low right now. As far as my uni is concerned they don't let the phd students transfer to a MS program. So what should I do? I don't want to just quit phd. So I was thinking may be I should transfer to a MS program to a different uni. Is that feasible. I mean will my courses/credits be transferred there. Here, the courses are for phd program. So if I transfer to MS will that be transferrable. Further how should I approach a different university.

I will have to go through the whole process of TOEFL and all? Does that really make sense?

L

Haven't you already asked a similar question to this?

I don't think your credits will be transferred to be honest, your best bet is to contact other universities and find out if they will accept you. You may have to face the facts that if you don't want to do a PhD then you probably will have to start again. Just send an email to the admissions team at a few universities and make an enquiry about their acceptance for MSc programmes.

I'm afraid I have no idea what TOEFL is so I can't really help you there.

R

======= Date Modified 13 Jul 2012 10:47:37 =======
============= Edited by a Moderator =============
Hi Jtyler, sorry to hear of your troubles, as lindalou83 says, I think you may have to approach another university and explain your situation as simply as possible - I'm not sure anyone here will know the answer.

Good luck!