Translating Your Work

J

Hi folks, Just a quick query from me. I am just wondering if any of you have ever had to translate your work into a different language. I can't speak any other language except English but I am hoping to submit an article to a particular journal and they ask candidates to translate their abstract into the other language if possible. I think I might have a better chance of being accepted if I translate it but was just wondering has anyone else ever had to do this and where did you get it translated? I've never used translation services before and was just Googling the issue but would like to hear from people who have done this before. On the other hand maybe I should just send it in English as they only say 'if possible' translate it. So if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. Many thanks. :-)

C

I have no experience of this but just wanted to suggest looking into whether your university has a language department which offers translation services as they sometimes do reduced rates for students.

J

Good advice Clupea. Thank you! I have just sent off a few emails enquiring if the institution I'm at offers such services. I don't think they do but I have found other third level institutions in other cities here that do so perhaps if all else fails I can ask there! Wish I'd listened and learned my languages when I was at school :p Thanks again.

J

Good advice Clupea. Thank you! I have just sent off a few emails enquiring if the institution I'm at offers such services. I don't think they do but I have found other third level institutions in other cities here that do so perhaps if all else fails I can ask there! Wish I'd listened and learned my languages when I was at school :p Thanks again.