Trying to deal with my isolation

D

Hello all,
My name is Dariusz and I am a part-time computer science student (software stuff) and I was wondering if anyone has bumped into IRC (Internet Relay Chat) where postgraduate students (also from different disciplines) "meet" to chat.
This forum is fine, but I miss some things like RSS feeds (to keep me updated in an easier way).
Thanks.

Hi dariusz. There is a link on the left menu on this forum. If you go to the Links section, there is "PhD Students Chat Room" link under "Whilst undertaking your PhD" section. They meet regularly, and you can stay in touch with them via email and msn group, for the chat times. There is one email on Sundays usually to let people know about the schedule. Good luck.

D

Thanks!
I have found this http://groups.msn.com/PhDStudents and I subscribed to it (and waiting to be accepted).

I think there will be a live chat facility on this forum soon too.

K

I'd be interested to hear what that msn group is like darius, let us know when you've been accepted!

D

I have just been accepted, so far it looks like a group (MSN type), and I am trying to find how to chat (there's something about a chat room, with a link broken). So far no success, but I will post here once I find out a bit more. There is a message board there, but I don't really need that, as we have it all here (with less annoying banners at least).
So the next step is to find out the chat room there :)