Uk PhD outside Uk!

I

Hi,I've foud a loads of great PhD opportunity but I don't know if it's possible to attend an UK PhD program without staying in UK but following your program from another country.

P

can i ask why you want to do that? do you mean be registed at a uk uni but complete elsewhere?

I

Yes, exactly. I would like to do that because I like more the Uk Phd programs.

O

doesn't make sense and is probably not realistic. If you like it so much, why don't you move over here to complete a PhD? And why do you like it so much in the first place? In my opinion it is to early to make a statement about it if you haven't started yet.

J

Yes, my university operates undergrad and postgrad degrees in Asia (Malaysia and Hong Kong). They also operate Master's degrees in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.

J

http://www.dmu.ac.uk/faculties/cse/courses/cse_pg_programmes.jsp

This is from the Comptuing faculty, detailing courses in Singapore and the Netherlands. I know this may not be exactly what you want, but it is a good example. I'm sure other universities must do similar things.

O

Masters and Undergrad perhaps, but never heard about similar collaborative ventures for doctorates or PhD research.

J

My supervisor's wife did her PhD in another country to her country of residence. She had to travel twice a year to meet/present. It's unusual but possible.

S

A mini Golfpro

I

Thanks juno! To be honest, I heard as well something similar to what your supervisor's wife did. It was just that my question. Of course I reckon it is unusual but it's not impossible!

I

..and thank you for the link as well!!!

J

Good luck. With the technology available today it should be possible to keep in regular contact with a supervisor, even in another country.