Update to sup- email or proper report?

A

Hey guys, i want to email my supervisor to let him know what i've been doing so far- but i dont know whether to send an email or a report- my findings are kinda all ovr the place so not really sure about a report...basically i just wanna contact him and let him know i'm still alive and actually doing some work, regardless of irrelevant it may be...

S

Maybe you could send a 5 point email saying what you have done, what you have found out and where you plan to take it. Then start to write up a report - in brief to start out with, and then in more detail as is required. It will help to consolidate your findings and will provide some material which may be useful for your thesis later on.

A

thanks starlight, thats a really good idea, gonna try and do that now and get it finished today as well

S

Go for it! It will be more than what I have done today! And that way if your supervisor wants to do know more, you will have written something down.

T

email, definitely. the report, it depends on how long you have worked; if you have been working for a while, sure you should write something down as a reference for future elaboration or discussion