Urgent advice needed

E

I am new here. A good friend recommended this forum. I graduated with 2:1 in my bachelor from my country in Africa and got an offer to do my masters in the UK and I graduated with a pass. Can I get a PhD position still in the UK ? I have gotten sponsorship from my country.

E

Any advice?

T

Welcome to the forum! : )

I imagine so but you need to ask around and find out what requirements are in the place you wish to study. I think the fact that you have sponsorship probably means you wouldn't have any problems securing a place.

You should be able to find a PhD role in the UK if you have already secured funding. Generally the biggest obstacle for doing a PhD is funding and you have cleared that, so don't worry. A pass in your Master's doesn't look good but you can compensate for that in an interview. Goodluck!

E

Thanks for your contributions

E

Thanks once more for your contributions. Presently, I am still searching for schools. My bachelor was electrical and electronics engineering while my msc was in mechatronics and robotics. In case you have any school that can accept me. Thanks

R

Can anyone let me know how to post a new topic

F

Hi Phd2020,

You can create a new post by clicking the 'new thread' button towards the top right of the page from the homepage.

Many thanks,
Lauren