Urgent advice needed


I am new here. A good friend recommended this forum. I graduated with 2:1 in my bachelor from my country in Africa and got an offer to do my masters in the UK and I graduated with a pass. Can I get a PhD position still in the UK ? I have gotten sponsorship from my country.


Any advice?


Welcome to the forum! : )

I imagine so but you need to ask around and find out what requirements are in the place you wish to study. I think the fact that you have sponsorship probably means you wouldn't have any problems securing a place.

Avatar for rewt

You should be able to find a PhD role in the UK if you have already secured funding. Generally the biggest obstacle for doing a PhD is funding and you have cleared that, so don't worry. A pass in your Master's doesn't look good but you can compensate for that in an interview. Goodluck!


Thanks for your contributions


Thanks once more for your contributions. Presently, I am still searching for schools. My bachelor was electrical and electronics engineering while my msc was in mechatronics and robotics. In case you have any school that can accept me. Thanks


Can anyone let me know how to post a new topic


Hi Phd2020,

You can create a new post by clicking the 'new thread' button towards the top right of the page from the homepage.

Many thanks,