US mid-profession PhD

P

Trying to find a PhD program for a very stubborn relative in the DC area. Said relative is a mid career professional whose last child is just getting around to moving out. He currently holds and MBA and and Masters in Economics and has a few published papers in respected journals. He would like to move into academics, but needs to find a PhD program that would either pay him a living wage, or that he can complete in 2-3 years. His thesis is basically written at this point.

Ideally this would be a degree in either public policy or public health. However programs in economics or sociology would also make sense.

Any suggestions?

M

I can not understand a word in your post. Please rephrase it in english . With English like that ,

M

I would not bother in applying for a PhD

J

I cannot understand the post, either, but not because of the language (it IS English), but because of its logic or rather the absence thereof.

Nobody can do a PhD with a thesis "basically written", that's nonsense. Nobody cares if "said relative" holds an MBA, as these things don't count. Every PhD students starts on the same level, as a student, and with all respective responsibilities. If said relative wants to do a Ph.D, said relative should think about going on this forum himself.

M

Where is the Initiative ?