Viva Confusion

R

Hi Batt21,

first of all congratulations. You have passed your viva and as such you have your PhD. Reading through your post I think you have done very well and I think you should be proud.

That said, I understand that it is frustrating that you have to do the corrections, that you are "expected" to use six months (while you think you may only need a month) and pay 250 pounds. I can understand that you are upset with this.

Obviously it is up to you what your next course of action will be. Perhaps the following may be helpful:

1. See whether you would be able to get the 250 pounds, and if so I would pay.
2. If it it very difficult to get the 250 pounds to bring this forward to the relevant body of the university and explain that you cannot pay it as you have not got it.
3. Write down explicitly regarding what you think the corrections are.
4. Try and obtain the report which states what corrections you have to make.
5. Give yourself a bit of time, get a bit of distance, perhaps a week or so, and then start with the corrections.
6. Once you have completed the corrections, submit.

Good luck:-)

A

======= Date Modified 19 Jul 2011 21:17:52 =======
If someone said to me 'Pay 250 quid and I'll give you a Ph.D', I'd do it. Just saying.

Quote From Adem:

If someone said to me 'Pay 250 quid and I'll give you a Ph.D', I'd do it. Just saying.

Fair comment!!! However, it is coming across as him having to pay over the £250 so the examiners can p*ss off on their jollies until September!!!
:-)