viva update

S

I had posted a couple of weeks ago for the first time. I had been concerned about typos in my thesis and a few people responded and helped me keep my concerns in perspective.
Having now been through the viva process, I thought I would update as I know how stressful it can be and I appreciated reading the feedback from others in the few weeks prior to d-day.
My viva went well. I was complemented at the onset for, what the examiners considered to be a good piece of work and was offered a post doc at the end! So, just to say for those who are nervous, once you have produced a well researched, well written piece of work, don't get too concerned about what are realistically very minor elements! As those replying at the time said, it is the overall piece of work and arguments that they look at.
I'd like to wish those in the final stretch good luck - patience and perseverance can actually pay off!

R

great to hear. well done

D

Fantastic! What a result, passing your PhD and securing a post doc on the same day - very impressive! I really hope things continue to work out for you and thanks for letting us know how you got on.

(up)(up) Thumbs up for passing the viva and the post doc

M

Dear Sbsb

Pass and post-doc in one go! Heartiest congratulations on this! It cannot get any better than that.

Cheers

A

What a fantastic outcome Sbsb, many congratuations and thanks for giving us an update (up)

S

Congratulations! Thanks for the advice as well.

D

Well done on such a positive viva outcome! It is very easy to become stressed about minor typos etc failing your viva but as you said, it is the overall thesis content and arguments that prove the viva outcome. Good luck with the post-doc (up)

S

Thanks so much for all your good wishes :-)
Its great to be moving on and thinking of next steps after the long phase of focusing on nothing but the thesis!
Very happy at the moment. Simple films and sleep is the plan for this week. Nothing in any way challenging!
Best of luck to everyone with their completion and job hunts too.
To good things :)

P

Congratulations and well done! :)