Waiting for interview result

H

Dear all,

I recently had an interview for a Research Assistantship in my department as part of a large new project one of my supervisors has just undertaken.

Anyway, I felt the interview went really well and the last thing they said to me as I left was that they would be making the decision by the end of that day, but due to the project and the number of positions available it was a bit of a complicated procedure and therefore 'if you don't hear after a week, don't worry, but if you don't hear after 2 weeks, then start to worry!' Rather strange bit of advice, but nonetheless..

Anyway, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't heard anything. If I haven't heard anything tomorrow, do you think I should send my supervisor (who is also the principal investigator) an email to see if I have been successful or not, or would that be inappropriate?

Any advice would be much appreciated (as you can imagine I'm becoming all-consumed waiting to hear, can't even concentrate on doing my PhD work!).

Best wishes,

J

Sorry to hear that mate, from my painful experiences, if you haven't heard anything from one week let along two weeks after interview, you are not selected. You need forget about it and move on. I know it is hard, I have been there just few weeks ago. Don't worry, you will get another one in time.