Weight Scoring

M

Hi dear fellow forum readers. I have been visiting this forum for approx. 3 years every single day as this forum has given me so much motivation and information on how
to handle the long PhD road. Iam now in my 3rd year and have created my framework based on secondary and primary research. The result of a specific part of this framework is a calculated %. E.g. You receive 50% go along this path, you receive 75% go along another path and so forth...
I am having heavy difficulties in weighting my variables. Not even a week ago I did not even know where to start, however today I think I need to look into sensitivity analysis, monte carlo simulation and such things. Background of the Problem: I have 4 pillars each pillar has points assigned to. After the calculation You have 2 paths to follow. If your score is between 0-74% = Path1, 75%-100% = Path2. If the user enters Path1 he will have to work on buidling up the weak pillars. Path2 is the "successful" path, when you are on path2 you are likely to succeed. Now the requirement is that each Pillar has a minimum score which has to be reached. I simply want to prevent that 1 pillar has 0 points and the other 3 pillars have perfect scores. If someone can help me by telling me if iam utterly wrong or the right way I woul appreciate it! The thing is I think I do not even meet the mathematical requirements, as each of the 4 Pillars has a different scoring. E.g. Pillar 1 has 2 options either 0, or 100 points, Pillar 2 has options such as 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. Simply put Pillar 1 says do you have X? than 0 points, do you have Y? than 100 points. And Pillar 2 says do you have 1 PM? than 10 points, do you have 4 PM? than 40 points and so on until max 10 PM = 100 Points.
Now as I have these 4 Pillars I tried giving each a weight of 0,25 in order to make it equal, however when I did some permuations on paper I found a permuation going against my requirement that none of the pillars should be too low.
I had for example 3 pillars over average and one pillar extremely low and my overall score still reached 78% (which is supposed to be good).
I am sorry for making it so messy but I realy cant think of an easier way to explain it...Hope this forum can help me out, either by giving me hints if iam thinking wrong or what to do, whatever just need some feedback. Thanks all!

M

Anyone?