What are the new trends is Grid Computing?

U

Hello team,

I'm planning to do a PhD in Grid Computing. I have a great interest in Grid Computing and Data Management, so I been trying to find an issue in current infrastructure which is worth solving but I couldn't come up with something concrete. Some of you may have worked (or still working) with Grid Computing, so I'm after some advice or inspiration. Any advice will me much appreciated.

Thank you

Y

No offence, but anything worth to be published would be the new trend that other peers want to see.

F

Hypothetically...If I had a few amazing ideas on grid computing why should I share them with you? Why id save it for discussion within my own PhD....or at the very least earmark it for soon-to-be-written article...see my point? I know I sound like an ass but at this level of academia people are very guarded about good IP (intellectual property). Why? Because it could be career changing.

F

Ok, so in an effort to be somewhat more helpful, I usually tell people to consult the major industry reports in their field, if there is a large NGO or UN satellite org that oversees your field, all the better. These "annual reports" will usually have conclusions, and if you are lucky research gap sections which will point you to where they think more work in the field is needed.

F

P.S. Academia.edu has 371 articles on "Grid Computing." I usually browse summaries on that site as well to see whats "out there".